Sometimes being the coolest marketing technique to happen since the internet was born isn’t enough for people to buy in to the idea that virtual tours are a necessity and soon-to-be standard for any physical business; and for those people, we have numbers. Google hired an independent market research group in July 2015 to test the effectiveness of Google Virtual Tours and the impact of Search Listings for local businesses like yours.
You can view the full studies by clicking the links below and also look at some of the highlights under them.
Virtual Tours: Power-of-maps-listings
Search Listings: search-listing-research
Some general conclusions about virtual tours:
- When searching for businesses, consumers use mapping products 44% of the time.
- On average, 41% of these places searches result in an on-site visit.
- Listings with photos and a virtual tour are twice as likely to generate interest.
Some general conclusions about Search Listings for local businesses:
- Consumers rely on word-of-mouth and the internet for information prior to purchase
- 80% of people in the study gathered information from the internet before purchasing
- Consumers turn to search engines to gather information for local purchases
- 84% of people used a search engine to gather information over the retailer’s website, apps, social media, ratings sites, and coupon/deal websites
- 2 in 3 consumers looked for local business information on map sites/apps
- 65% of those looked for information such as their hours, phone number, and interior or exterior photos (They would find your virtual tour here)
Complete Search Listings Also…
- Engage Interest
- 51% more likely to be viewed as worth reading more information about
- 43% more likely to be viewed as has what I need
- 79% more likely to be viewed as a place for someone like me
- Establish Trust
- 78% more likely to be viewed as well-established
- 201% more likely to be viewed as current
- 215% more likely to be viewed as oﬀers the latest products or services
- Create Positive Brand equity
- 501% more likely to be viewed as well-liked
- 204% more likely to be viewed as oﬀers quality products or services
- 94% more likely to be viewed as is a reputable business
- 199% more likely to be viewed as cares about its customers
- Motivate Action
- 29% more likely to motivate consumers to visit the business
- 29% more likely to motivate consumers to consider purchasing from this business
Think of it this way: The only way to have a truly “completed search listing” as a physical business is by having a virtual tour.
Regular pictures and a few panoramas give the customer a general sense of the space and that you care enough to show them around, but a virtual tour shows that you actually care so much about them that you’ll go above and beyond to make their buying decision easier. It won’t be considered “above and beyond” when Google Virtual Tours are the standard nationwide, but you’ll be one-in-a-million until then.
So come on, click here and let’s help your customers.