Google Virtual tours are the greatest thing you can have if your business has a physical location. Not everyone has them yet, but they will. Google virtual tours made with 360 photography will be a standard for gyms, restaurants, real estate, and any area of business where space is being offered. In this post, you’re going to see some Google virtual tours, why they’re awesome, how they’ll help you, and how to get or make one for your business.
Google virtual tours are different than virtual tours that some may be used to seeing. “Virtual tour” has been a broad term before 360 cameras became more accessible. Before this time, selling a “virtual tour” could be someone trying to sell you a glorified PowerPoint presentation, flat panoramas with a panning effect, or even worse: the shaky and poorly-edited camcorder walk-through. We don’t do that at Dart-Frog. We create immersive and engaging Google virtual tours with 360 photography.
If you have never seen anything like this in action before, check out some of our projects below!
Google Virtual Tour Examples
It’s no secret that a Google virtual tour is something really cool to have, but is it practical? What is it going to do for you?
What can Google Virtual Tours do for me?
In short, more sales and getting people familiar with your brand.
A study was done in June of 2015 by an independent marketing firm that Google hired to determine the effectiveness of their virtual tours and “complete search listings” (found here)
The three main conclusions on the virtual tour study were:
- When searching for businesses, consumers use mapping products 44% of the time.
- On average, 41% of these places searches result in an on-site visit.
- Listings with photos and a virtual tour are twice as likely to generate interest.
A Google virtual tour is part of a “complete search listing” for a brick-and-mortar business, but not every business has one. The study had an interesting conclusion about search listings for local businesses:
- 2 in 3 consumers looked for local business information on map sites/apps
- 65% of those looked for information such as their hours, phone number, and interior or exterior photos (They would find your virtual tour here)
So now that you have seen some Google virtual tour examples, how cool they are, and what they will do for you, let’s go over how to get one of your own.
How to make a Google virtual tour
- Buy a 360 camera, mono-pod, and other necessary equipment
- Apply for, do the work, and be accepted to the Google Trusted Photographer program
- Purchase the right virtual tour software for you
- Take appropriately-spaced pictures of the areas of your business that you want to show off
- Edit and connect all of the photos (nodes) with each other in your virtual tour software
- Upload the project to Google Street View
- Enjoy your increased exposure and the feeling of setting the bar (or being caught up) in your industry.
You can also get a Google virtual tour by hiring us to do all of that for you and enjoy your increased exposure and superiority faster with less work. If you decide to take this route, you might want to know how much a Google virtual tour costs to have done.
What does a Google Virtual Tour Cost?
The cost depends on the size of your business. With Dart-Frog, it can range from around $100 to $700.
A page with pricing is available here on the services page.
With a Google Virtual Tour, you get:
- The edited photos to keep and use for whatever you want.
- The 360 photos make great Facebook content. Facebook supports 360 photos that turn the viewer’s smartphone into a VR lens; allowing them to drag the screen or move the phone to look around
- Artsy pictures made from the 360 photos.
- These make great content for any platform because they post as regular pictures but they form an image impossible to capture with a normal camera.
- A virtual tour hosted on Google for life with no extra charge.
- You aren’t charged for your tour being hosted on Google or on a website.
- You also get a 15% discount off what you paid if you need another virtual tour done due to remodeling, relocation, etc.
- The modern way to show your customers around
- Forget slideshows and video compilations. You’re giving your customers convenience, control, and the comfort in knowing that you care enough to make their buying experience as easy as possible.
We would love to talk more about getting you a Google virtual tour and putting you on top. We’re a Google Trusted Agency (Check us out on the Hire a Trusted Pro registry in Ohio), we have the equipment, we have the knowledge, and everything you need to set the bar in your area. Click here to contact us and take full advantage of the tools that Google has laid out for you.
If you would like to read more about benefits relevant to your industry, click your type of business below and read our articles on how a Google virtual tour will help your business specifically.
As always, have a great day!